Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pics added...

I hope this question hasn't been beaten to death. I have done searches but having a difficult time pinning down fair pricing info. Hoping the experts here can help out. These were family purchase so i didn't really do much research. Neither is a family heirloom or anything. Just a couple nice Colts to maybe start a little collection. Or maybe hold for a rainy day if funds ever run tight.

First up is a Colt Python - 4 inch. Serial number puts it to 1960. It's definitely a shooter. No box or papers. Has some pitting, but was apparently sent to Robar and has a nice Roguard (I think) refinish. Action is tight and locks nicely at full trigger pull.

Second is a Trooper Mk V - 4 inch. Serial number puts it as 1982. Again a shooter with no box or papers. Hogue grips. Electroless nickel finish.

I can try to get some decent pics up over the weekend maybe if that would help.Like i said. Not sure I'm interested in selling either one at this point. Really just looking for a fair value in today's market. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Impossible with out at least seeing pictures. My suggestion is to go to auction sites like gun broker and do your research there. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Skilled. I'm really struggling finding something comparable to the Python. Does the Robar refinish add or detract value for a gun that's basically a shooter? If so, by how much?

I will try to get pics up this week if i can convince the wife to get out her good camera. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
As a collector.. it would hurt the value because its only original once. Few things add to value when it comes to colts IMOP. They only additions I like as a collector are King sights and a nice pair of Roper stocks to get the heart beating.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
hmmmm the finish doesnt look right to me. And I believe the stocks are 3rd generation for a later model of python. But im sure our python experts will be along shortly. I dont stay up with them much anymore because of the inflated prices.

Edit: I see you stated it was refinished in the OP sorry. Guess I was right. LOL

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Refinished. Looks like some type of spray on coating (Cerakote etc.). Notice the light texture on the last pic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts