Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, but have some really bad habits:
Pythons
Diamondback .22's
Trooper .22 WMR's
King Cobra's

And I'm good with the King Cobra variations from the early models through the Enhanced, on through the EDT's.

The most recent puzzle I saw was an Anaconda with gold 150th Anniversary medallions. It took me a few minutes to realize that the Anaconda's didn't start production until about 4 years after the 150th. Then a little more research brought forth that the King Cobra's and the Anaconda's use the same grips. As such, ... mismatch realized.

The other thing I see occassionally is early model (non-enhanced version) of the King Cobra with banner'd logo grips.

Anyway, if you are a member of OGCA or just want to talk guns, give me a shout.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
TFlyboy, welcome to Coltforum from a fellow old Buckeye pilot and Colt enthusiast!

This is the place to visit to learn and share information about all things Colt, with many knowledgable and very fine people interacting at a high, civil and pleasant level of discourse.

I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do.

·
Registered
758 Posts
`Welcome flyboy, from another buckeye... Also a OGCA member. It is good to see the OGCA coming to the IX Center again this year.

·
Registered
923 Posts
welcome tflyboy, i'm also a ogca member, and i live 20min. from the show in willmington, i leave money there like its vagas

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oldedawg - cool, i'm glad to see OGCA getting back up to the northern crowd, but can't make it to the IX Center show.

fitz2 - i'll be at the next show. stop by and say hi (just to the right of the entrance on the "O" Ohio row), or just a couple of rows away from Hal and Dan, and next to Damon, Art, Vern, and Gary.

Here is my latest find -- the Colt Custom medallions were something that I hadn't seen before.

6" Nickel .22 LR Colt Diamondback -- NOT FOR SALE.
DSCN3482.jpg

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
What's this? Another Buckeye "nut" case? I'd say you have a problem all right, TFlyboy! Great job on uncovering the 150th mismatch. Sounds like you are also quite the "Colt Detective Special" yourself. Ha! (Just a corny little funny. Please excuse?)

Ed

·
Registered
268 Posts
oldedawg - cool, i'm glad to see OGCA getting back up to the northern crowd, but can't make it to the IX Center show.

fitz2 - i'll be at the next show. stop by and say hi (just to the right of the entrance on the "O" Ohio row), or just a couple of rows away from Hal and Dan, and next to Damon, Art, Vern, and Gary.

Here is my latest find -- the Colt Custom medallions were something that I hadn't seen before.

6" Nickel .22 LR Colt Diamondback -- NOT FOR SALE.
View attachment 26313
Very nice gun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts