Colt Forum banner

New guy onboard. Stumbled into a great deal on a Detective Special

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Seabee_CO 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello guys. Let me start off by saying this is a great board with great people. Some of the posts that I read encouraged me to join the forum to increase my knowledge of Colt firearms. On to the great deal.

In need of a modern .38, I mentioned to my wife's uncle and my hunting partner that I was looking for one. He stated that he had a cheap.38 that had been purchased many years ago for $30. He asked if I still wanted to get rid of my Ruger LCP. I said yes, but not for a cheap .38. He said hold on and came back with this beauty. It needed a good cleaning and has honest wear from carry, but is still in nice shape for its age. He is almost 66, so when he said cheap, he meant that it had only cost him $30 many years ago. We made the trade, both are happy and he would not accept any extra money. She also shot very well. So much for the modern .38. This one is much better....lol

See less See more
#6 ·
Outstanding deal, Sr. Chief! I read your post with baited breath and can't tell you how relieved I was that you dumped the LCP for this little gem. ;)

#9 ·
LOL....USNCORPSMAN1 has been my screen name on several forums since I was a Second Class Petty Officer. It is just easier keeping the same name when going from forum to forum. I am a Senior Chief and I am pretty sure the guys who posted above saw my introduction post where I stated as such. You picked up on that pretty fast. Navy guy yourself?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.