Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ! Thank you,Thank you. Please be seated, Thank you. I have several Pythons,and have been considering selling one of them and have a ??? about it. The one I am considering is an 8". I have always believed it to be e nickel. I don't know that I have ever handled a bright stainless,but from pix I have seen, I would be hard pressed to tell a bright stainless from the e nickel. Now, my gun dates to 1981. Serial no. of K606**. With the given date of my gun, should I be certain enough that it is e nickel and not stainless to advertise it as nickel? Thanks !

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Hi Peter, welcome to the Colt Forum.

Usually e-nickel does not have the polished shine of a nickel or bright stainless steel Python. You will be better served posting a photo, if you can, in the revolver forum here: Colt Revolvers

If you need help in posting, feel free to PM me. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Welcome to the Colt Forum from TN. I believe bright stainless was manufactured beginning 1985 so your gun should be nickle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tony and John. Tony, I tried to attach a couple of pix of two of my Pythons earlier and I think the files were too big? They were pix I already had in "My Pictures" on my laptop,so thought I would just put them on the forum as a trial run I guess. No such luck. I don't have a picture of the Nickel 8" anywhere. I will see if I can get that done sometime soon. I use a Nikon D 70,and the pic program that I have that came with the camera won't run on any of my computers. too old for win.7.
John, that is my thought as well about 1985 mfg. Kind of why I always figured it was Nickel. I bought the gun from Cabelas a very long time ago.Used,without a box or papers. I guess I could just say it's a shinny big gun in my add if I decide to sell it. LOL. That kind of sounds better than Nickel anyway. Thanks you guys ! Peter

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Might have something to do with # of posts; 15 to sell, not sure if number relates to digital images?
His problem was apparently with file size. Anyone can post photos here with their first post. The 15 post rule is strictly for the classifieds and helps the seller/buyer get to know us all a little better. :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya Tony, I was just going to post pix for the sake of posting,and 'cause one of the first posts I read before registering said " we like pix,show us some pix". Thought I would just put up a couple to please the Python fans out there. Not to try selling anything. I need to experiment a bit with my camera,and reduce file size I guess,Also do something different about uploading my pix from camera to comp,as the program I use to use will not run on my newer comp.(win.7) rather than XP. Just have to make the time,and do it.I don't much care for doing that kind of stuff,rather be outside involved in something. This time of year anyway. I live in the Pacific NW. Oregon,and we have pretty short summers here. It will start raining again before long,and keep raining,and raining. I will probably work on the camera/comp stuff in the rain. Anyway, thanks for replying about the file size and # of post misunderstanding to the last poster, I hadn't gotten around to answering and clarification of that. Thanks, Peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts