Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, not guns. I just picked up an absolutely beautiful Det. Spl. proofhouse.com says 1972 (shrouded ejector rod) for dob (ser.# C16xxx). I've never, in 27 years, owned an out-of-production revolver like this. It does not appear to have been fired. There is no evidence anywhere-i.e. turn ring, recoil shield, ejector rod, fouling around forcing cone or top strap, chambers, nowhere-to indicate it had ever been shot.

Now I'm not the kind to have safe queens, all my guns get shot (& I've got some oldies), a few carried daily. I'm goin' nuts with this thing. I bought it to shoot & carry. I can't bring myself to do it. Help this poor distraught soul. btw I'm really glad I found this place, found lots of great reading.

Thanks, doc.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Okay, here's the deal. You found yourself a virgin. DON'T shoot it or carry it. If you want a shooter then buy a shooter. Welcome to the forum and make yourself at home.

BTW: Remember when you lost your virginity? You can't go back. Just my .02

·
Registered
778 Posts
We shoot everything! Why save a gun just so some bozo can pry the lid off a spam can with it when you've gone to the happy hunting grounds. Guns hold their value shot or not. I will let my son worry about the percentage we lost in value by shooting rather than safe queening.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking this might mean something to a collector & I should get one not so pristine. Unfortunately w/a son about to head off to the land of sand & needing some items the Army doesn't supply, my "play" funds are somewhat limited. I had another gun I really didn't like that I sold (no regrets) & bought this det.spl.

addicted, from what I do remember about losing my virginity I realize I had much better "experiences" once I knew what I was doing /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. So true for many things in life.

Thanks for the feedback buys. I'll keep reading.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts