Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went a little nuts after acquiring my first SAA and just had to have a good looking holster for it. Seven weeks later, and well worth the wait, is my El Paso “Original”. I wanted to share a picture of the outfit. I got the “bug” for an SAA after spending a lot of time on this forum and, after running several boxes through it, love it more each time we get out.

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
Please show us the matching gun belt. I open carry my SAA's in my various gunbelts and holsters in black, brown, and tan rigs depending on my duties at events or occasions.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I love the El Paso holster's for my single action's.
My next holster from El paso is the 1930 Austin holster.
This one will be for my Colt1911 lightweight commander.
This way I'll get the commander into my carry rotation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Beautiful El Paso Saddlery holster model! That version really rings in the "Old West" and provides excellent protection for your Colt SAA too.

The addition of an El Paso Saddlery Texas Belt with loops or a No 7 Tapered Belt, lined, with loops would really compliment the holster and also make it easier to carry.

Congratulations on your holster choice.

J.D. Press

·
Registered
8,698 Posts
I went a little nuts after acquiring my first SAA and just had to have a good looking holster for it. Seven weeks later, and well worth the wait, is my El Paso “Original”. I wanted to share a picture of the outfit. I got the “bug” for an SAA after spending a lot of time on this forum and, after running several boxes through it, love it more each time we get out.
In "Streets Of Laredo" Jamed Garner wears this model holster as an older Woodrow Call. With a cavalry Colt in it as I recall.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice! While I'm still honing in on my first SAA purchase, I've been perusing El Paso's holster options as well. Like you, I expect a holster to come soon after the gun.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I haven’t even thought about a gun belt...

I guess I am now.
I went through a number of gun belts and my favorite now is EP money belt. Folded leather that rides good and carries the weight of the gun well. I have a couple of their belts and it's my go to when I carry my SAA.

Jim

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
I use the El Paso Cheyenne Rig since about 25 years but I have some other El Paso holster also

I have the Austin holster for my Colt 1911 and the Duke for a 4,75" SAA, I don't have the belt for it.

The model 1880 Ranger I also have but I don't have the model 1890

The 1890 holster I only have as a watch fob on my Elgin watch.

and I have 1897 Sweetwater holster with the Texas Jock Starp

1 - 20 of 22 Posts