Colt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New In Box 6\" Diamondback over $2300 :15 left !!!

Holy Crap !!! 15 minutes left to go on my auction for a 6" nickel NEW IN BOX Diamondback and it's already bid over $2300 ! When will it end ??? Hold on to those Diamondbacks boys as I'm sure this will have trickle down effect for the one's that are a little easier to come by. Holy Crap ! I gotta go, bye all !!!! Shoodaddy

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: New In Box 6\" Diamondback over $2300 :15 left !!!

It's all over ! $2507 final bid wins it. The guy that won it is the original bidder. He's in law enforcement and called our store 2 weeks ago to discuss the DB. Apparently he's been looking for one like this for quite awhile. Better up the insurance on your DB's everyone. Take care, Shoodaddy

·
Registered
715 Posts

Shoodaddy,

The winner's name looks familiar /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Search the forum for any posting by JERRY4250.

Good luck with the transaction and congratulations! That's a nice DB!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I think I'm going to start a collection of straight-jackets, 'cause I think these prices are really nuts!

I know that this DB is rare but not as rare as a Boa or a Viper and I haven't seen prices in that range for guns like that!

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Edited:

OH,OH :

Alarm bells going.

The post Blokey refers to has probably been deleted by the Administrator of this Board. I think it was placed in the lounge but is gone now.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks gunsmoke. We actually felt bad the price went this high, so we will ship it for free and we are going to lower the price to cover some of his sales tax since he lives in the same state as we do. I know the price seems a little crazy but who knew ??? Shoodaddy

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Shoodaddy,

If deal is going as planned, give a feedback about this buyer, to get the air cleared!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Hi Gunsmoke, can you or anyone else fill me in and maybe shed some light on what was in that post ? I don't want to have any problems and it might help to know if there have been problems in the past. Thanks in advance to anyone who responds, Shoodaddy

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Hi Blokey, All I could find is one deleted post and another post where JERRY gets hammered by someone. This does worry me somewhat. Could you please tell me anything you may know, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Shoodaddy

·
Banned
1,129 Posts

member rustyfirst had a big problem with this guy, he knows he`s a cop of some kind and lives in ny. does that match your info?? perhaps a private message and then a phone call to rustyfirst might be good insurance??

·
Registered
715 Posts

icdux1 nailed it. Apparently rustyfirst had a problem with JERRY4250 and sabotaged every thread he had. The admins warned him to c&d (check out this thread: JERRY4250) and it's been quiet ever since. I don't know what transpired between them but rustyfirst sure has a beef with him!

I just mentioned it because the name looked familiar. I hope rustyfirst's experience was just a one time anomaly and that everything works out in your transaction with JERRY4250. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts

One crazy sale does not set the market for an item with guns or anything else(real estate ect.)It just means somebody wanted that item no matter what. I doubt you will see that repeated easily or at all for a while

·
Banned
1,129 Posts

what cares the wolf how many sheep there be?? does it matter what you bid if paying with a rubber check?? i would procede with caution.just my opinion.bidder jerry never disputed the slam inflicted by member rustyfirst on this forum. member r/f knows his profession and where he lives so i dont doubt he has dealt with him. one has to wonder WHY he never told his side on this?? again just my opinion.

·
Registered
778 Posts

I am sure shoodaddy will not ship this gun without certified funds.

However, if this deal goes south, they have to start over which is regretable.

They do not take credit cards. I asked him early on about that. If we don't know much about the seller, paying by C.C. can protect you somewhat.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts

i just have a bad feeling about this deal. i checked the feedback of the bidder and he has a grand total of 2. checked them both and one is for 2 mags value less than 50$, the other is as a seller, gun was listed for less than 24 hrs, no photo and sold with buy it now, now here`s the kicker checked the BUYERS feedback on the gun auction an he has only one left by our bidder?? something smells!! info is on www.auctionarms.com auction # are 6816788
7208390 now i`m not trying to dog anyone, or break this forum`s rules.but given the price the gun brought, the complaint by r/f and the fishy feedback{read the GLOWING feedback from the gun buyer} something dont seem right.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I'd like to thank everyone for their concerns and information. I am going to have my boss that own's our little gun store read what everyone has said and let him draw his own conclusions.
Robba is correct, we do not take credit cards over the phone. Our amount of internet sales just doesn't warrant the expense,besides I think the credit card companies get something like 3% of your sales. We try and offer the best possible customer service however, and if you read our feedbacks our record speaks for itself. It does take some courage to buy from someone without any feedback and I do know there are thieves out there. Also for the seller credit card sales can be a nightmare. You can buy a gun on the internet, pay for it with a credit card, then tell the credit card company the item's a piece of crap. They will refund or guarantee your purchase, charge the seller's account for the refund, and leave the seller with the responsibilty of trying to get that item returned to him. So in essence, the seller could be out the money and the gun if the buyer was a scam artist or wanted to try and get something for free. Guess there are pitfalls to both sides of this coin.
Anyway, I guess we will see how this goes and if all does go well I'll try and clear the air. Maybe this was an isolated event and we have never heard both sides of the story. We would never ship anything without full payment or proper FFL requirements. This being a brand new gun also should pretty much make this a done deal once money is received and gun is picked up at the respective dealer's.
So thanks again to everyone and all your help is much appreciated as always. Wish we had more nice Colts to sell but we are all out right now. Take care all, Shoodaddy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts