Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Consummate Collector
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received two Colt revolvers that I sent to Paul Persinger. He made carved ivory stocks for one of my .45 New Service's and 2" barrel Pocket Positives. The New Service has a Patton soaring eagle on one side and a steer head on the other while the Pocket Positive is done in the factory hard rubber pattern:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Fantastic work, and looks great on those old Colts! I especially like the checkered ones, thnks for sharing em, Mike.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Cam,
It just keeps getting better and better. First the hand made case, then the Fox shotgun now the ivory stocks. I can't wait to see what come next. I especially like the cases. Those are works of art in themselves.
Always great stuff. Keep it coming.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Stocks look great. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Great looking stocks!! So what is the story? How did you choose the carving style? Does Mr. Persinger have a catalog to look at styles and prices? I know it can get costly having to ship the gun both ways.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Super job. Persinger always does a first rate five star job. None better, or as good, for my money. The screw plug in the eagle is all but invisible.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Super job. Persinger always does a first rate five star job. None better, or as good, for my money. The screw plug in the eagle is all but invisible.
I never noticed the plug until you mentioned it. Is the plug removeable so the grips can be removed or how does that work? Thanks.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great looking stocks!! So what is the story? How did you choose the carving style? Does Mr. Persinger have a catalog to look at styles and prices? I know it can get costly having to ship the gun both ways.
Paul has some different drawings that he can recommend and will send them for you to look at. He will also tackle about anything that you can come up with. For example on the little pocket positive he suggested that we copy the original stock pattern as opposed to carving an animal on them. He said that they were to small and it would not show up well. I, of course, took his advice. This was his first Pocket Positive to make stocks for. The patterns on the New Service came from his drawings. The cost to ship is high as I only use Express Mail. This service is handled differently than regular or priority mail. It is handled much more carefully and arrives before noon the next day.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had to go back and look at the Eagle I did not realize there was a screw going through it. absolutely stunning work! Congratulations.

·
Registered
916 Posts
what, no ruby-eyes for the steer head? sorry, cam, someone has to be the wiseass, they are beautiful anyway...

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Paul doesn't have a website, but here is a copy of his catalog:

Reactions: Hopalong

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
The stark contrast between the deep bluing of the guns and the brilliant white of the ivory makes them both, "AHHH" pieces; congrats and thanks for posting.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what, no ruby-eyes for the steer head? sorry, cam, someone has to be the wiseass, they are beautiful anyway...
Larry. I didn't think about doing ruby eyes when I ordered them but now I am glad that I didn't as I really like the look as they are. I think it would have been difficult to place in the right eye anyway. Glad you like the stocks. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts