Colt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amazing I just spent five hours reading on this forum and it felt like five minutes. So 50 Questions but will start with these please. The reason I found the site and started reading was because I was looking for the colt stamp on 1980 and 1981 guns. Would appreciate any pictures of the colt stamps used during those years for a Memorial. What is a "4 digit colt" and how much do I need to spend to acquire one that was recently lost?What is the significance of 1911a1 and are they hard to acquire?Lastly (know I will get the most flack for this one) once acquired are these going to be guns I can use to hunt something or just items to be kept in the dark of a safe? I have read and learned more about Colts today than I have in my entire life and while fascinated could use some help. ThanksCecilia

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Hi Cecil; welcome to the Colt Forum.

For better attention to your questions, be sure to pose them in the appropriate forums, the semi-auto forum on guns such as the 1911a1 and the revolver forum for wheel guns. And you can hunt, shoot or make safe queens out of any gun you own; your firearms and your choice. Most of us enjoy shooting our Colts, keeping them clean and presentable while others, for varying reasons, keep them unfired while in their possession - it's all good.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome aboard the Forum, Cecilia. Always a pleasure having another freedom-loving lady join the Forum. By all means, please do post pix when you can. And congratulations on the successful recalls in your State Senate last week!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.