Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Been lurking for a couple of weeks gathering info so I could make a decision. Just bought a King Cobra yesterday From a local shop. I started out looking at S&W and thought I would get a 686. But when I saw the King, it talked to me. I wouldn't even come close to knowing enough about buying a revolver if it hadn't been for this board. At least I didn't feel like an idiot when looking at a gun. I checked the timing and the other things that I learned here and felt I got a good buy. It's and earlier model without the counter sunk bore. Overall condition seemed very nice. The trigger was like butter. I think it may have been worked over. It came with the hard case and owners manual. Got it for $450, seemed fair to me when I looked at the auction prices and Guns America sites on line. I pick it up next wednesday. I don't have a carry permit so I have to wait 3 business days. I'm going to a gun show tomorrow and think I'll take the the course so I can carry. Only 2 hours and 35 bucks. I look foward to hanging out and learning some more. Hey, maybe I'll even get to contribute from my experiences. I promise I'll use the search before I ask a question. Can't wait to shoot that frist box of shells.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I started out looking at S&W and thought I would get a 686. But when I saw the King, it talked to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're Colt hooked....when the guns start talking to you.

Let us know how the gun show turns out for you and if anything follows you home.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Hey richieb, welcome to the Forum! I have a friend who has a King Cobra and he thinks very highly of it. It's proved to be a reliable revolver for use with the .357 Magnum cartridge. You may as well be a bit different than many revolver shooters by shooting a Colt. Most would have chosen the 686. I'm probably the ultimate S&W fan there is on the Colt forum but never warmed up to the L-frame revolvers. Your King Cobra will make a great general purpose revolver, correct for most any use for which a handgun can be employed.

I hope you start a thread on your shooting impressions once you christen it at the range. Photos are always appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I went to the Fort Myers gun show today, Took the "carry" course, about 200 people in the course. There were about 3 Anacondas there, about 6 Pythons, 1 blue 4" new in the box $1,100 and one nickle Diamond back. No King Cobras. I pick up my King on Wednesday and go right by the range on the way home, so, I guess I'll have to try it out. Again, thanks everyone for being so friendly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts