Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was happy to get the first new King Cobra offered for sale in my parts and didn't look it over very well before reaching for my wallet. Unfortunately, I noticed later that while in single action mode the trigger would kick forward under spring pressure immediately when pulled. Certainly seems like an unsafe condition so it went back to the LGS for a trip back to Colt. It seemed to operate properly in double action mode, but I never fired it.

Jerry

Reactions: ronthom

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was happy to get the first new King Cobra offered for sale in my parts and didn't look it over very well before reaching for my wallet. Unfortunately, I noticed later that while in single action mode the trigger would kick forward under spring pressure immediately when pulled. Certainly seems like an unsafe condition so it went back to the LGS for a trip back to Colt. It seemed to operate properly in double action mode, but I never fired it.

Jerry
Thanks for the post - although I am sorry to hear of another Colt failure, I can hardly say its surprising. What a disappointment. Regards, Ron

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After a lengthy wait on hold with Colt, my LGS let me know my KC was processed for shipping yesterday. Should have it back shortly.

Jerry

Reactions: jeepnut711

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Thanks for the post - although I am sorry to hear of another Colt failure, I can hardly say its surprising. What a disappointment. Regards, Ron
I disagree . I've seen many positive Cobra and then KC posts made here since introduction with few failures reported .

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked up the King Cobra yesterday, two months to the day I dropped it off to go back. Not sure what they did to it, but it now functions properly.

Jerry

Reactions: Uplander
1 - 7 of 7 Posts