Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads;

Well, I had some energy left over after having breakfast on Sunday morning so I thought I'd head into the shop and finish up a little job I had on the go for a client in western Canada. He's a 64 year old cowboy from Alberta and he says he wants to carry his 1911 in a shoulder holster on his little patch of heaven. He as a section of 50-50 land (50% bush and 50% grasslands) down by High River, Alberta and wants to feel "comfortable" while ridin' his range next year when his oldest boy takes over the workin' of the place.

The only thing that isn't shown here is the two straps that keeps it all tucked in close.

Bud

Gun Handgun holster Revolver Starting pistol Trigger
Fashion accessory Handgun holster Leather Strap

·
Premium Member
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Matt, and I've used that feature on quite a few rigs like this. I did have one client who asked me to change it, but before he could send it back to me he wrote and said never mind, because he had to adjust it after about a week of wearing it and he liked how easy it was to do.

Having the adjustments on both sides like this enables the wearer to move it up or down with "balance". Many rigs adjust only from the one side making it a bit lopsided if the adjustment isn't a small one.

Thanks again for the nice comment Matt.

Bud

That looks great, Bud. I like the snaps on one end of the shoulder strap. I don't think I've seen that before but they look really practical for adjusting on that end if need be.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.