Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, name is Trent from Alaska (Kenai Peninsula). Avid outdoorsman, hunting, fishing, boating and flying. Read the forums quite a bit, decided it was time to start participating :)

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Trent, from the Gunshine state. Glad you decided to join us. Enjoy!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Welcome, Trent!

My stepson has been living in AK for several years now, and spent summers there with his "other Dad" ever since he was about eight (lots of years ago).

Alaska does seem to get in some folks blood; and they just can't seem to settle in anyplace else.

Rick

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Welcome to the Colt forum from Arizona. I have a couple of friends from Alaska who "winter" down here.

·
Premium Member
21,812 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. My niece and her husband just drove from Alaska to Virginia Beach and arrived one day after Christmas. They worked for a year on Kodiak Island running a salmon weir. I suspect they will never be happy again living in the lower 48.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

saintclair, i suspect you are correct about your neice and husband :). During college i drove from Anchorage to Clearwater Beach florida where i spent about 8 winters... i also worked in the fisheries in the summer... couldnt wait to get back to Alaska... you can take the person out of Alaska, but its almost impossible to get Alaska out of the person...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts