Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from Connecticut.

I have joined to find out some information about a Colt SAA that was made in 1887 and has been modified to a 22lr. I have visited this forum a lot and decided it was time to join. Thank you for all of the great info.

Sorry it's dirty I just came back from the range. It shoots great. The barrel is sleeved and the cylinders also have incerts. The firing pin looks like it was modified. Thanks for the info and help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
Post some photos of the cylinder and hammer/firing pin if you can. Here is mine, a Christy conversion, I believe. Notice that the original cylinder was sleeved, also that the firing pin has been mounted in the frame and the hammer modified. Mine has a Christy .22 barrel, the original was NOT sleeved. There are other styles of these conversions depending on who did the work. You may also want to start a thread in the Single Action page so that more SA guys will see it.

·
Premium Member
18,994 Posts
Welcome to the Colt Forum!! I will look forward to seeing the hammer on full cock to view the firing pin configuration. Also, a picture of the area where the firing pin falls in the frame would be nice to view. It is always great to view the great workmanship that was done on those conversions!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts