Colt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I'm living in Germany where were unfortunately normally are restricted to only a few handguns.
Building up a collection of Official Police or Police Positive Colts requires a special collectors licence which is hard to get.
In spite of the above mentioned fact I once owned a Colt SAA 3rd gen. from 1976 in 45 Colt with a 7,5" bl and still have a 3rd Gen. 44 Special with a 5,5" bl. And there are two more revolvers but from S&W.

I'm not only interested in SAAs an S&W revolvers but also in old Cold DA revolvers like the PP and OP as well as the New Service.

To start with a question:
I think anyone knows the motion picture "The Untouchables" with Kevin Costner as Elliot Ness and can remember Elliot Ness when trying to arrest Frank Nitti on the top of the roof.
Was it a New Service he borrowed from the policeman in courthouse?

Thank you

By the way:
I chose ElmerKeith as my nickname because I admire this little great old gentleman very much, especially his personal will to survive in hard times that hopefully will never ever happen to us.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Welcome aboard EK.

It appears that you have an eye for quality with that collection of yours. I like both brands of revolvers.

Hope you are staying cool this summer. I'm in Texas and it's hot here.

Bryan

·
Registered
220 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining. I hate to admit this, but I have not seen the movie you mentioned, but I am sure somebody on this forum has and they will know the answer to your question. But now I will have to make sure I watch the movie.

Enjoy the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts