Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned a few Colts in my day. All 45's. I also had a Delta Elite that I gave to my middle son. Later I gave him a series 70 45 because the Police Department he was with didn't want to buy 10mm ammo. My youngest son now has my Combat Commander. <br>I presently have a Defender in 45 that is wanted by all three sons. They can buy their own!<br>Today I picked up a 1908 hammerless in 380. It is pristine with only a very small bit of bluing missing where the slide came in contact with a brass button on the inside of the holster it came in. <br>When cleaning it I noticed it had grease in it much like would come fron the factory. Not sure if that is so but I know that the pistol was kept in a safe and never fired since the 50's. The four digit serial munber shows that it was made in 1909.<br>I have 2 other 380's, a Bersa Thunder and a Walther PPK/S. This will be a great addition to my collection.<br>Thanks for a very informative forum.<br>Carl

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Carl, from the Gunshine State. Former Kaleefornyun here, myself. Lived in the Central Valley (Kings County) back in the 70s. VERY pro-gun area back then. Sounds like you have a nice variety of semi-autos there: sure to be plenty for your sons to go through after you're gone! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.