Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been retired from LE since 1998 and have been trying to do some more shooting, hunting , fishing and, of course, spending time with family.
I enjoy all of the shooting disciplines and all kinds of guns, from black powder to the latest "race guns". Though eclectic in my interests, I'm pretty much of a traditionalist (prefer blue steel and walnut and no scopes on handguns or lever rifles, thank you).
Most of my handguns are Rugers and Smiths but I do love my 1911 (Series 70 Gold Cup) and my homely but accurate Officer Model Special. Also, I'm looking hard at picking up a Cobra or Agent snubbie.
Looking forward to being involved in my new forum (don't you think "stranger" is kind of harsh?)and would like to wish all the members a spectacular New Year from Buckeye Land!...And look-out "Fighting Irish"; we're coming for your shamrocks on Monday!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Welcome, New Friend. That is how it should read. Also a Buckeye, from Niles. You will enjoy this board, I know I do.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and best to you in the New Year also.
I too retired from security/LE back in 2002 and enjoy going to the gun shows, if you go you will "see" me there.
Fellow who helps me out now and then, is Frank L. , has the same last name as you, from east of Cleveland area,(Lake county)and Jerry L. ,the former golf 'pro' passed away recently, I worked with him years ago.
Nothing wrong with 'having' and liking other guns, there are good S&W's and Rugers out there as well............ /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
764 Posts
Welcome to The board.

My father also worked at LE for many years before he retired due to health issues and later passed away this year. He worked in the die room in the mentor plant.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hello and welcome, dgludwig. I'm from Medina County, Ohio, and it's always good to hear from another Buckeye! Those Rugers are great guns for the money, and I collect S & W's as well. Still hard to beat a Colt. Used to have an OMM, and what a sweet gun that was.
Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts