Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been retired from LE since 1998 and have been trying to do some more shooting, hunting , fishing and, of course, spending time with family.
I enjoy all of the shooting disciplines and all kinds of guns, from black powder to the latest "race guns". Though eclectic in my interests, I'm pretty much of a traditionalist (prefer blue steel and walnut and no scopes on handguns or lever rifles, thank you).
Most of my handguns are Rugers and Smiths but I do love my 1911 (Series 70 Gold Cup) and my homely but accurate Officer Model Special. Also, I'm looking hard at picking up a Cobra or Agent snubbie.
Looking forward to being involved in my new forum (don't you think "stranger" is kind of harsh?)and would like to wish all the members a spectacular New Year from Buckeye Land!...And look-out "Fighting Irish"; we're coming for your shamrocks on Monday!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and best to you in the New Year also.
I too retired from security/LE back in 2002 and enjoy going to the gun shows, if you go you will "see" me there.
Fellow who helps me out now and then, is Frank L. , has the same last name as you, from east of Cleveland area,(Lake county)and Jerry L. ,the former golf 'pro' passed away recently, I worked with him years ago.
Nothing wrong with 'having' and liking other guns, there are good S&W's and Rugers out there as well............ /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hello and welcome, dgludwig. I'm from Medina County, Ohio, and it's always good to hear from another Buckeye! Those Rugers are great guns for the money, and I collect S & W's as well. Still hard to beat a Colt. Used to have an OMM, and what a sweet gun that was.
Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.