Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a newbie to Colt's but have several S&W pre or early version revolvers. I do not Cowboy Action Shoot but mainly target and will use for whitetail deer. I am not a collector, but love to shoot original historical revolvers. There is something very special and intimate about the experience. I also reload (single stage and Dillon 550b) but do not cast, yet.

After researching, lurking, and lusting for Colt SAA's for the last couple of months, I am venturing further with my first message on the Colt Forum. I keep landing on a 2nd generation Colt SAA, late 50's to late 60's vintage. The caliber of consideration, from a newbie perspective, for me today is the 44 special.

The question to the Colt experienced forum members is - Am I on the right path? Should I be considering other things or factors? Also would appreciate any suggestions regarding where or how to purchase.

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Forum! I'm afraid I'm no SAA expert, but there are plenty here who are eager to help you, and very soon, too. I suggest posting in the Revolver subforum for max exposure, since not every member reads the New Member posts. You've found THE best place for everything Colt. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! Besides the usual online sites to watch, any experience or suggestions for finding such one? I have already been calling and stoping at the local shops.

Much appreciated - Bruce

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.