Colt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening to all, I have been following your forum here for some time and decided to join today. Some background about me-have been a Colt revolver fan and owner since I purchased my first one as a young lad from a friend's dad. It was the smoothest gun I had ever shot at the time, and that same gun is still the nicest, smoothest revolver I have ever shot. That was over 30 years ago, the gun was a Python, and it still gets used regularly.
I ordered the new Cobra when they first became available, it arrived a the LGS a little over a week ago. The ones I have seen pictures of and personally seen have all had the black rubber grips, when mine arrived at my dealer, he called and apologized because it had what he called "NRA" grips and offered to order another if I so desired. Of course I said no, that I was sure it would be just fine. Hopefully I have a picture attached for your comments. As you can see my photography skills may be lacking. IMG_0105.JPG

·
Registered
10,825 Posts
Welcome...and great looking stocks on that Cobra! I hope that's a factory option.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, gentlemen. My local gun shop and range got one in soon after the Cobra was available and put it in the rental case. I was appalled at first as I would have bought it as soon as it hit the door. Turned out to be a good decision because they took orders for six within the first week when range customers saw and shot the rental. I was happy about the stocks, they look great. As a side note, the little gun shoots great, really enjoying the nice trigger pull. Did a perfect dot torture drill at five yards in double action right out of the box. These middle aged eyes can really see that front sight.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Welcome to the forum from south Florida! Congratulations on your purchase. I like the those grips. Very nice indeed.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yes, it is the grips that were reserved for the NRA cobra to be given away in the NRA banquet raffles. Somehow a few of them managed to make it onto standard production line cobras. Unfortunately those are not available separately.

The above is the response I received from Colt regarding the NRA grips on the new Cobra when I inquired about being able to purchase these NRA grips.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks to all for the welcome and the information, I appreciate all the knowledge here. Hopefully I can contribute here in some way also.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yes, it is the grips that were reserved for the NRA cobra to be given away in the NRA banquet raffles. Somehow a few of them managed to make it onto standard production line cobras. Unfortunately those are not available separately.

The above is the response I received from Colt regarding the NRA grips on the new Cobra when I inquired about being able to purchase these NRA grips.

I did confirm that these grips were in fact made by Altamont and are not available for sale at this time. They will , however, have grips for the new Cobra by mid November. You will be able to order them in a smooth or checkered finish with Colt's name or logo on them. Definitely on my list of things to buy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts