Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...Arborman again... Here's one of my favorite wheelguns...a King Cobra in Ult. Stainless that was bought by my Dad on vacation to see my (ex) wife and I in SC about 15 years ago. He bought it used without box and the Hogues were already in place. It has since become mine but I still let it live in his safe for old times sake. He loves it so I lket him hold on to it. I had to pry it from himto take pics for you guys! Here it is with one of my favorite Case knives and I think a Kuhn holster

Here's my only remaining Det. Special. as I said earlier..kicking myself for selling the others. These are custom grips I made myself from a scrap of Cocobolo from some other project. Feels good in my hands. Sorry, not the best pic but I was in a hurry.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it's a log of Arborvitae...very much like Red Cedar, that I slab cut to make a garden bench for my 3 yr old daughter. She likes to sit and watch the fish in the pond on it. I like to use that log for pics because as you said, it's neutral and doesn't draw the looker from the gun and it doesn't reflect light back at the camers. Thanks for the compliments.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, whats the model number of that CaseXX--top picture, single blade? That's a great knife, I'll be looking for one like that at the next gunshow.
Thanks.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Very nice pair of Colts. The King Cobra appears from your photo to be Bright Stainless Steal. Is that true? Is it just the pic? Or did you shine it up that nice???

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it is the high polish from the factory. I believe Colt called it "Ultimate Stainless"
Serial # on the Case XX (single blade) is 6143. Couldn't find the box for more info though. I know I have it....somewhere. If I recall I think it was about $80 but it's been a few years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts