Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE JUST RETIRED AFTER WORKING AT OUR SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT FOR 27 YEARS, I WAS A DETECTIVE AND WORKED ALOT LEAVING LITTLE TIME FOR JUST ME. MY WIFE TOLD ME THAT I NEEDED A HOBBIE SO I JOINED THE SINGLE ACTION SHOOTING SOCIETY (sass), IT IS A LOT OF FUN AND IAM HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE. I HAVE WANTED A COLT SINGLE ACTION FROM THE TIME THAT I WAS LITTLE AND DAD WOULD TAKE ME TO THE MOVIES TO SEE A JOHN WAYNE WESTERN, WELL I BOUGHT ONE TWO WEEKS AGO. IT IS A 44-40 NICKEL WITH A 4 3/4 INCH BARREL. I TOOK IT TO THE GUN RANGE AND IT SHOOTS GREAT. MY WIFE AND SOME OF OUR FRIENDS THINK I AM CRAZY FOR PAYING SO MUCH MONEY FOR A HAND GUN. I HAVE TWO COLT CLONES WHICH I SHOOT AT SASS MATCHES BUT I TOLD THEM THAT THEY WERE ONLY CLONES AND THIS IS A REAL COLT. IF I HAVE LOST MY MIND PLEASE TELL ME, I HAVE STARTED SAVING FOR A 2ND COLT. SO IF THERE ARE ANY OTHER CRAZEY PEOPLE OUT THERE I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM YOU. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME. VINEGARRON

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome to the forum vinegarron.

No I don't think you have lost your mind at all. I think you just came to your senses! Sure the argument could be presented that modern clones are better made and more value for the buck. But as you said they are only a clone and not the real deal.

Congratulations on your retirement and years of service.

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
welcome to the forum and congrats on your retirement. after that first colt... it is usless to resist. get what you want while you are able to enjoy it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Welcome From some of the other crazys who spend way too much for Colts!

·
Administrator
7,327 Posts
Welcome vinegarron ! Glad you found us /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts