Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I met a guy who suggested I try here. I bought the estate of a good friend. He was a cowboy collector, I a militaria collector. So naturally I am a bit out my league. I have one set of ivories I believe is for a Army Special and several holsters for SAA that are old. A couple are Heisers, but I have two unmarked. Is there a grip guide on here? Is there a gun leather pro in the house? Thank you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figured out how to upload pics. The Heiser basket weave appears mint. The grips I thought initially were Remington but are a bit small for a Remington Army, and the screw is in the wrong place.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did try them on my Model 1901, they are the same size within a few thousandths. The only difference besides ivory vs walnut is the ivory grips have an alignment pin in the front, not the back like my M1901.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Welcome to the forum, as Ugly suggests due to forward positioning pin hole grips should fit Colt Army Special or Official Police, nice old ivory from looks. $400 or so is about right for value. As far as holsters Heisers always in demand, value I would defer to leather collectors here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.