Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all and thanks in advance for you support.I have been involved for guns my whole life but now I have taken the turn from copys to the real deal.I just got a winchester 1884vintage model 1873 44/40 so of course I needed to find a colt to go along with it.Got a real nice 1894vintage 44/40 frontier six shooter.No finish left on it,but well taken care of with a nice strong bore.Loaded up some 200 gr.lead behind goex clear shot everything high at only 50/60 feet.I have been shooting accurate 57/44 15 gr out of the winchester with good results.I am fighing the urge to try 13gr filling the rest of the case to prevent pressure spikes.Everything I read says this is a bad plan.Anythoughts on how to brings down point of aim safely.I have even been thinking of something to add to the front sight with screwing up the gun any thoughts????

·
Banned
1,129 Posts
welcome to the forum. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif i cant help on the reloading question but i`m sure if you post in the revolver section someone will offer advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts