Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a collector of 41 mags. Before that I bought 357.python, 22 & 38 diamondback all 6". Colt didn't have a 41 since the thunderer. There was a well known gunsmith in Arlington Tx that was building custom 41 mag pythons so for me this was the perfect gun.I haven't been hunting or shooting for a good while. So, I'm wondering what my "41 mag python" is worth? It is in like new condition with custom sites and the smoothest trigger you have ever felt. Of all the 41's I own this is the nicest. I never shot it much because it's so nice. Did most of my hunting and shooting with a S&W mod 657, tough gun.Anyway would like to know what it's worth and if any interest on this forum.Love coltsDP

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am a collector of 41 mags. Before that I bought 357.python, 22 & 38 diamondback all 6". Colt didn't have a 41 since the thunderer. There was a well known gunsmith in Arlington Tx that was building custom 41 mag pythons so for me this was the perfect gun.I haven't been hunting or shooting for a good while. So, I'm wondering what my "41 mag python" is worth? It is in like new condition with custom sites and the smoothest trigger you have ever felt. Of all the 41's I own this is the nicest. I never shot it much because it's so nice. Did most of my hunting and shooting with a S&W mod 657, tough gun.Anyway would like to know what it's worth and if any interest on this forum.Love coltsDP
Any help?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Since Colt never made them I would say it has zero collector value. Plus I heard there was some question as to the safety of the gun. Especially shooting full magnum loads. You will need to find someone who is interested in a "one off" type gun

Please don't take my number too seriously as I know nothing about these guns but for me I'd say $2K????

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Colt was pissed off back in the day when these started showing up.
Because, when they went out of time, people started sending them back to Colt for repairs.
That caused quite a stir from what I remember as the guns were never made to handle the 41.

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.