Colt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Hello, I’m relatively new here and have jumped in head first. I am now taking time to poke around the site. I’ll formally introduce myself here at this time. I’ve met some of you already on the thread that I started about the Colt Collection a few days ago. Had I taken the time to familiarize myself with this site beforehand I certainly wouldn’t have done that . Hopefully those of you viewing the pieces in the collection are enjoying them.
About me. I’m 60, retired, enjoy vegetable gardening and collecting and shooting military rifles from WW1 and WW2, Springfields 03’s, German K98’s , British and American Enfield‘s ,Swede 96’s and 38’s. I have several Garand’s in my small collection. I have some of the modern Colt Black Rifles and 1 or 2 Colt handguns. I have a collectors 03 license and it is quite useful for my collecting purposes. I’m from South Louisiana and those of us that are south of the I 10/12 corridor choose to make that distinction because North and South Louisiana are culturally very different, neither better or worse, just vastly different.
My knowledge of Colt firearms is limited to the few pieces I own. I’m here to try and access value then dispose of a collection of Colt firearms that has been inherited by a friend of a friend. I’m trying to learn learn what is really in the collection and to have conservations with knowledgeable Colt collectors how best to value them, what to do with matched sets and so on. I am gaining a wealth of knowledge and am grateful for the input that I have received thus far. When I gain at least a working knowledge of what reasonable pricing should be they will be posted right here in the WTS section For any interested. Members here will get the first opportunity to acquire them as a thank you for all their help in sorting out the collection. I think that’s the fair thing to do. There are between 20-25 pieces and some, I’m learning will go for a nice amount, some not so much. That’s me and what I’m up to .
Bert

1 - 12 of 12 Posts