Colt Forum banner

New moderator saying hello .

3K views 36 replies 22 participants last post by  michaelknifenut 
#1 ·
I'm sure most know by now thanks to the ColtAdmin's kind introduction that I'm now the moderator . Many of you have seen me post here for several years as well as a few other gun forums . I know a little about most guns , but don't profess to be an expert on any . I come here to relax & learn and if I can help someone else during my visit , then it was a good day .

My plans here are that I have no plan . Things run smooth and I'm not going to interfere . I have no intention of changing anything . I might occasionally move a thread to a more fitting forum area from time to time , but please don't take offense . My goal is to give the forum regular supervision and keep it the civil and friendly place that I've known for several years . With your help , I know it will continue . /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have comments or suggestions .

Thank you .

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for identifying yourself Mitch. And thank you for taking over the Moderating position. Considering we are all a bunch of opinionated gun nuts, collectively as a group we have indeed been very civil and well behaved. I'd say it is a credit to the membership of this forum.

To the membership of this forum, I thank you for sharing your knowledge (and pictures) with the rest of us.

#3 ·
Thanks for "breaking the ice" . I was feeling like the King with new clothes there for a minute .

[ QUOTE ]
Considering we are all a bunch of opinionated gun nuts, collectively as a group we have indeed been very civil and well behaved. I'd say it is a credit to the membership of this forum

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly what I've mentioned to a few members offline . We have a great bunch of guys here (sorry , if there are ladies present!) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

#8 ·
[ QUOTE ]
Hey! How come I got more posts than you, and YOU get to be moderator? ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Age before beauty /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif ? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Thanks all for the kind welcome !

#10 ·
Welcome Mitch, I know you will keep us in line when we need to be, but hopefully we will have some latitude to be able to have lively dialogues when there are differences of opinions. If we all agree on everything it wouldn't be much of a forum and I might as well be talking to my wife. "Now honey you know I was just kidding." Smack!!!

#17 ·
Been on holiday for 2 weeks and missed a lot so I've noticed. But I've already seen some things for the good happening on the Forum while trying to catch up on my reading!

Mitch, congratulations on the careermove and the best of luck! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

#18 ·
Thanks guys !

[ QUOTE ]
Mitch, congratulations on the careermove and the best of luck! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
How long should I wait to ask for a raise ? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

#19 ·
Like we say in Holland:

No is what you got, yes is possible as long as you ask! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

#22 ·
Congrats.
I guess you're kind of like a zebra. Calling fouls and keeping the game clean? As you can guess I know NOTHING about what an administrator does. I'm just glad to have such an informational outlet. I read a lot, post a little, and try to not wear out my welcome.

#24 ·
Mitch, your doing a great job keeping the controls in place. We now have a healthier forum environment than before you took over.....and it wasn't half bad before. Keep up the great work and thanks for taking time out of your day AND night to take on this effort. You’re a true gentleman.

Kevin

#25 ·
Thanks Kevin . I appreciate the kind words .
We hope things haven't changed much as that wasn't our intention . We want Colt Forum to keep the "small town" friendly atmosphere . The Mayberry of gun forums /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

#26 ·
Hi Mitch,

I just found the forum from a post on the High Road so glad I found y'all. I'm familiar with a number of the names already so anticipate a good time while roaming the halls of Colt Land. There is no specific Black Powder area, that I can see. I like reading about the old cap n ball Colts from time to time. I have an original 1849 pocket .31 that I use as my avatar. Here are a couple larger pix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.