Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to update any information on the serial numbers by model number by year for the New New Frontier that Colt's started producing in 2011 with the NF prefix. Now that Colt's has stopped production of these (I assume), I've been wondering what the highest serial number produced might be, as well as how many of each model were produced. I attached a pdf of the spreadsheet that I had made with the 2011 and 2012 serial numbers from the old Colt's serial number lookup when they still showed model numbers, and then updated it for other later serial numbers I saw being sold on Gunbroker the last couple of years. The serial number sequence for some guns I've recorded are not chronological, so I'm thinking Colt maybe made a lot of frames early on, but then finished and shipped them later, and in no particular order. For example, the highest serial number in my table is NF21131 purchased in 2015 based on a previous Forum post by the owner. The one I own, NF20747, has a 2017 ship date per the archive letter I got for it. I did check with Carol Wilkerson if she had any recent information, and she said that since Beverly and Paul and the Archives are no longer on Colt property, and with the folks left working at Colt being overworked, that it is doubtful we will get year end numbers in the near future. She said our best bet is to continue watching serial numbers on guns as they come to the market place. If anyone sees a high NF prefix serial number not in the list, or who owns one and would like me to add their serial number and model number to my spreadsheet, please let me know (and by PM if you prefer to keep your serial number private). Please note that the attachment is a pdf which hopefully you can open. But I recommend that you not print it because it's 26 pages. Thank you. Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Mine P4840 SERIAL# NF20098 4.75 barrel 45 Colt ,I purchased it from a Colt employee and have a letter. It was used by Colt to take to trade shows both here and in Europe.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
My Colt letter states the gun was displayed at the 2012 NASGW show in Orlando, the 2013 shot show, the 2013 NRA show and the 2014 shot show and finally the 2014 IWA Outdoor classic in Nuremberg Germany. Then states shipped to Colt Employee Sept 4th 2015. The Pistol is flawless not sure if Colt re-finished it but after all that traveling when I received it the gun had no handling marks or dings /scratches. Since I purchased it I had a Buntline barrel installed and brass 1860 longer grip strap .... of course I have all the original parts put away for the future

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm looking to update any information on the serial numbers by model number by year for the New New Frontier that Colt's started producing in 2011 with the NF prefix. Now that Colt's has stopped production of these (I assume), I've been wondering what the highest serial number produced might be, as well as how many of each model were produced. I attached a pdf of the spreadsheet that I had made with the 2011 and 2012 serial numbers from the old Colt's serial number lookup when they still showed model numbers, and then updated it for other later serial numbers I saw being sold on Gunbroker the last couple of years. The serial number sequence for some guns I've recorded are not chronological, so I'm thinking Colt maybe made a lot of frames early on, but then finished and shipped them later, and in no particular order. For example, the highest serial number in my table is NF21131 purchased in 2015 based on a previous Forum post by the owner. The one I own, NF20747, has a 2017 ship date per the archive letter I got for it. I did check with Carol Wilkerson if she had any recent information, and she said that since Beverly and Paul and the Archives are no longer on Colt property, and with the folks left working at Colt being overworked, that it is doubtful we will get year end numbers in the near future. She said our best bet is to continue watching serial numbers on guns as they come to the market place. If anyone sees a high NF prefix serial number not in the list, or who owns one and would like me to add their serial number and model number to my spreadsheet, please let me know (and by PM if you prefer to keep your serial number private). Please note that the attachment is a pdf which hopefully you can open. But I recommend that you not print it because it's 26 pages. Thank you. Mark
If it helps I have a 44 special 5-1/2 from 2014 with ser. no. 20352
two 32-20 s with 7-1/2 barrels from 2016 in ser. no. 21089 and 21090 All New Frontiers from custom shop

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. I'll add them to the spreadsheet. What is the model number for the 32-20s shown on the box label?

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
My casual observation regarding these over a year ago, is that probably less than 1,200 "NF" prefix New Frontier revolvers were manufactured by Colt. Fit and finish is excellent, and probably the best NF's ever made.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I checked on your request and the end flap on the white box for my New Frontier 32-20 is P4670

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could you post a picture of the 32-20 barrel markings? I never knew that configuration was made. Sounds very unique.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Could you post a picture of the 32-20 barrel markings? I never knew that configuration was made. Sounds very unique.
Yes I was told that these are two of three known to exist at that time. With as much trouble it was to get Colt to make a 32-20 barrel I do not think there could have been more. The only mistake I made was to not have the barrel marked 32WCF instead of Colt New Frontier SAA 32-20. See attached picture.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Very nice...as of a few months ago Colt will still make up a custom 32-20as I was told by the customer shop manager, no New frontiers being made though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's great! One and two of three, wonderful colors, no medallions, very cool. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also interesting is the P4670 model number on your box. The 6 would indicate a 357. So suggests that Colt didn't have a model number in their system for a 32-20.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts