Colt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New- Old .45\'s

Gents, would someone who's able please post some pix of the Colt WWI and WWII new jobs? I'd like to get one of these but I'll never see one in my neck of the woods!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: New- Old .45\'s

Blokey and Flusher,
Thank you both very much! Flusher, I take it yours are actual, vintage pieces? And Blokey - WOW! I take it yours are the new/retro-design versions, the WWI being the good-lookin sister and the green, Parkerized job the WWII? (The WWII LOOKS exactly like what I had in the army in the 70's and 80's.)
Years ago, in the early 70's, I bought a WWI GI .45 and had it re-blued and new stocks installed at it looked exactly like yours. This one shot so well. It was my first full-sized .45 1911 and I could shoot every bit as well - and faster, of course, with it than the original model 357 Trooper I had at the time. I don't guess you shoot yours, do you? I much prefered the flat main spring housing of the WWI version over the arched version in the 1911A1. Colt kept that version on the Gold Cup, too, I think. These are both classics, as you well know! Nice guns and thank you so much. I can't imagine what I can do to return the favor but let me know sometime and I'll do my best. Thanks again.

·
Registered
711 Posts

Hey, you're welcome!!

Flusher's got me trumped with his gen-yoo-wine WWII piece. I've always had a soft spot for full size 1911's and so when Colt reissued these classics, I had to get one of each. Yeah these are safe queens, they are absolutely NIB. I have a regular ol' 1991A1 that I shoot at the range which is just fine for me.

The 'A1 looks pretty authentic compared to Flusher's '43 model except for the trigger. Mine's from the first series, hence the WK (as in Lt. William M. Keyes, Colt CEO currently(?)) s/n prefix. I've read that Colt produced a second series that is more true to the original with s/n suffix "WMK", I don't know the detail differences. I've never seen a confirmed original 1911 to compare mine to but I will say the Carbonia finish is gorgeous.

[This message has been edited by Blokey (edited 05-22-2005).]

·
Registered
265 Posts

Blokey,

If GENERAL Keyes sees your post, you'll be doing KP, latrine duty, guard duty on the back gates, and push-ups until you are an old man.

John

·
Registered
666 Posts

Always nice to hear from Blokey.
Blokey has some more very nice items. Just ask for other than 1911 or 1911A1's.

·
Registered
666 Posts

Well as long as this topic is semis

Here are a couple of lightweights

[This message has been edited by Flusher (edited 06-22-2005).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts