Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I inherited a S.A.A. 1874 Serial #12XXX back in the 70s' it has been in a safety deposit box until recently. The gun was purchased in the late 50s by my father in a Sheriffs Sale in West Texas. I have ordered the arcive from Colt, could be interesting. Still a little unsure of the value, any help would be outstanding. I may be interested in selling it to the correct collector.
#s match on TG and Frame NO US stamp on the frame.
I will post pics later

Have learned that it has a cut barrel, has been blued front to back and the stag grips added... Im sure that ruined the value but still would like to get sojme ideas of price.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I don't know much about SAA's so I wont be much help.Gather all the info.you can on the gun including the Colt letter.It always helps with value.Unless you are needing the money I would not sale it.The money will be gone long befor the memories of your dad and his ownership of this gun.JMO.D*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.