Colt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
"The ordinance is targeted at recreational shooting and does not affect hunters or gun salutes for memorial events and tributes."

Just exactly who does this affect then? Certainly not criminals. This is just another futile, feel-good liberal exercise in stupidity. Hopefully the town council feels that great sense of achievement now that they have "done something!" about the "gun problem."

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
The ordinance approved last week by the Legislative Council says no resident may shoot for more than four hours after police are notified and shooting is limited to one person at a time.
Hmmmm...

That's a little odd...Lol...

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
Let me try to wrap my brain around this "ordinance"....um....one has to CALL IN TO THE POLICE, TELL THEM THEY ARE COMMENCING TO FIRE, TWO PEOPLE ARE PROHIBITED FROM FIRING AT THE SAME TIME and THEY CAN ONLY SHOOT FOR 4 HOURS....... ok, let me re-wrap my brain around this <music from Jeopardy plays in the background>.....times up...nope, that's got to be the stupidest ordinance I've ever heard of when attempting to curb "gun violence", and I don't care which side of the aisle you sit on, that's plain asinine. Oh wait, I hear Biden applauding the "victory", yep, that trumps asinine any day.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
HUUUMMMM.....The only thing that will be spared from gun violence is a second target being shot at the same time..Hope they all feel better when the criminals commit crimes and break thier feel good laws

·
Registered
145 Posts
So you shoot for 4hrs then someone else in the group calls the police for 4hrs permission and you continue this until the sun goes down.

·
Registered
88 Posts
No shootnig within a half mile of a school, i can understand and even agree with. Nobody wants a stay round going into a classroom, or any other room for that matter, same goes for the backstop. Those are legitimate safety items that all shooters should abide by regardless if they are law or not, but one person at a time and no more than 4 hours after police are notified? It just doesnt make any sense. who is supposed to notify the cops? If im going to go out on my property ans shoot, i now have to call the police and inform them of it? Or are they saying no more than 4 hours after a concerned liberal calls the cops.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I don't live anywhere near Newton, Conn., but I already feel much safer, just thinking about the great strides these people have made against gun violence.
Group hug, anybody ??

·
Registered
982 Posts
Now, the politician passes the law and the law enforcement officials have to enforce the law. Guess who catches hell here.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
So....If I get mad at my neighbor and decide to shoot him, all I have to do is call the cops and tell them I will be shooting that afternoon, and nobody will respond?....Giving a false name and address, of course....:) Ignorance can be fixed but stupidity lasts forever......:bang_wall:

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
This has two parts. The "we must do something crowd" ,too meek and weak to confront evil and deal with it. The types who believe you stop a maniac with a yellow ribbon or a sign, or dial 911 and cower under a desk until help arrives. The others are the true gun haters using every dirty little trick to make it so miserable and impossible to enjoy shooting , that you stop.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
While I don't agree totally with it I do understand it. Connecticut, even up in Newtown, (I was born there) is not as rural as one might think. Noise pollution is a real factor, and typically houses are not 4-5 miles apart. Now I realize there are those who will say I am on my property and I can do as I wish. Well yes and no. Unfortunately the sound carries and can become annoying. Ever had your neighbor fire up his lawnmower at 7 AM on Sunday? I have and it is annoying. There is an old gravel pit 350 yards away behind my house that is on private property. A couple weeks ago the property owners were out there shooting clay targets. Well it got pretty annoying after a couple of hours. If you move in next to a gun range you have to live with the noise. If you move in to the flight path of an airport well too bad. Next to the train tracks or highway, same thing. But when neighbors start shooting and making noise all the time, I'd want some sort of compromise too.

I see this as more of a safety and compromise issue, not a blow against gun owners.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.