Colt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always wanted an AR-15 variant, so I bit the bullet at the LGS and ponied up the ducats for a sweet LE 6920.

One thing that surprised me was how much grease and junk was in the weapon. I figured I'd get some carbon and stuff because I assume they may test fire the weapon before shipping it out, but this gun was filthy. I had to run a bore snake through about 5x, and I pulled through at least 2 dozen patches to get it reasonably presentable. There was lots of grit near the rings that hold the handguards, the bolt carrier group was greasy and gritty, etc.

Is that normal?

I spent a lot of time cleaning it, so it is practically inspection ready and it is good-to-go now!

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
I got one new in the box with everything from a local dealer for $1000. I didnt do anything to it just took it out and shot it. I havent had (knock on wood) a jamb yet after 10 boxes or so of ammo thru it. I even tried it with that slide fire stock which replicates full auto and no jambs. It works flawlessly and if there was grease I didnt notice it.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Welcome to the Forum luckybaer. Was this weapon brand new when you bought it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. Brand new.

I've got it looking and feeling great now. No worries. Just a wee bit surprised.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congrats on your new Colt. Enjoy it! Not sure why you had so much grease...better than nothing at all though.
Don't be afraid to post some pix with a range report.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked up a LE6920 SOCOM, and it was slathered in lubrication and had a little thick grease on it.

I guess Colt packs 'em like that just in case the weapon sits in storage for a long time before being sold?

·
Registered
12 Posts
My friend just got his yesterday and he told me that he took it to the range and loves it. I am probably going to save up for one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts