Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I bought the gun I mentioned in the previous thread. I couldn't get them down on the price, but they did basically comp the Tax, so I got it for $199.00 out the door.

As mentioned it is lacking in the blueing department, but it is in good shape and I believe the grips are original. I took it apart and cleaned it good. It is simpler to break down and reassemble than my grandfathers old Ruger High Standard. Except I made the mistake of removing the recoil spring before reading how much of a pain it was to put back together. The internals had a little surface rust, pretty sure the Sear spring and Main Spring housing had never been removed or cleaned.

Anyway, heres the pics first two are before cleaning and the other three are after I cleaned: Gun Firearm Trigger Air gun Airsoft gun
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Air gun
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Air gun
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun barrel Starting pistol
Firearm Gun Trigger Revolver Air gun

·
Registered
813 Posts
From Charles Askins 1953 The Pistol Shooters Book: "If I was compelled to choose just one Colt from the many made I'd unhesitatingly settle on the Challenger". High praise indeed.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took it to the range today. I must say it is quite the pleasure to shoot. Good point to Aim with the fixed sights and I guess do to the longer barrel and heavier weight is a much more enjoyable experience to shoot then the High Standard.

I must say it is the most fun I have had shooting a .22 in quite a while. Fired rapidly and accurately and with hardly any muzzle movement when fired. If you haven't tried out a colt .22 from the woodsman family I highly encourage it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.