Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really shouldn't go to the gun shop after my Saturday morning AA meeting, because it usually means it is going to cost me more money.

Today wasn't an exception either; I forced them to sell me a barely used Sig TACPAC 1911 in black nitride finish; full-sized with rail, with the original box, manual, two magazines, mag loader (although why do you need it for a single stack .45 acp magazine?), compact laser, and a push button lock holster/magazine pouch combo.

I've always heard good things about shotguns chambered in 16 gauge; never had one, until today. It is a humpbacked semi-auto; if I didn't tell you who made it you'd think it was a Browning Sweet 16; but alas, it is a Savage Autoloader; made under license from Browning. Probably pre-war; not sure but it is about 90%+ condition with a 28" barrel.

I also got two more E-Bay vintage holsters; a Heiser shoulder holster allegedly for a Colt Official Police 5" (unbelievably small harness) and a Eubanks basket weave with Elk rawhide lacing, for a 5-1/2" revolver.

Heiser Colt Official Police shoulder holster

Eubanks Leather Boise Idaho circa 1939 - 1950

·
Registered
223 Posts
When you shoot the 16g, youll wonder why they ever made another gauge and why it fell out of favor.

.They dont call it the SWEET 16 for nothing.It feels like the first time.

I love the 16. Own a couple.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Colt-SL - there's a few scuff marks on the bottom of the barrel that has removed some bluing; but it is in very nice condition - considering it is pre-war. All for $200 out the door...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.