Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to pass this on -----got mine and tried it ,swore it did nothing because I could hear clearly with zero distortion --but figured i would try them -went to the range and again -perfect hearing ...then I fired up some 44 mags and actually chuckled -better then muffs !! Try them -you'll be hooked!!!

http://store.prostores.com/servlet/sensgard/Detail?no=2

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Glad to "hear" the review. I ordered some just the other day after putting it off a long time. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,703 Posts
This sounds like the old valve-type ear plugs that used to be sold.

Those had sound-activated valves that closed to block loud noises.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
We tried something like that at work (I used to work in a high noise industrial enviroment). If it didn't sit on your head at a precise angle it wouldn't fit in your ear correctly which meant it didn't do sh*# as noise got around it (not to mention it became uncomfortable). We tossed the whole batch in the trash.
It's still hard to beat anything that forms itself to fit your ear canal.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
We tried something like that at work (I used to work in a high noise industrial enviroment). If it didn't sit on your head at a precise angle it wouldn't fit in your ear correctly which meant it didn't do sh*# as noise got around it (not to mention it became uncomfortable). We tossed the whole batch in the trash.
It's still hard to beat anything that forms itself to fit your ear canal.

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect -"something like that" isn't this -these work IMHO!!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
But the design of the head frame is the same. Gun fire is just a quick spike of decibels. Continuous levels of high decibels would show you the difference. If the concept works it would be better to not have it mounted on the head frame. Just individual plugs for the ears.

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
You have to understand that loud noise and hearing lose are not only caused by the sound waves going down your ear cannel but also vibrating your nerves around your ear. You still need the muffs covering the entire ear, other wise you will end up like me. Sonic ear valves and all the other BS over the years is the reason I keep asking "What did you say"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts