Colt Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
My grandmother-(Pop's mom)...took a nasty fall Tuesday night at the local rest home. Shes 88. Anyway, that's why I haven't shared any pictures with you guys. If anyone out there has a happy and somewhat healthy grandmother that lights up when you visit her in a permanent care facility....hang out a while with her,
Keep doing what you are doing. You have your priorities in order. Pictures can wait. Pete

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
My grandmother-(Pop's mom)...took a nasty fall Tuesday night at the local rest home. Shes 88. We haven't been able to go in and visit her there for a long while now because of the Chinese Virus. For several years she was spoiled with visitors daily and quite enjoyed them up until this S**T Storm started. Long & short of it: She's now in a coma at UNC/Wayne and won't likely come out of it so Dad is obviously a little out of his normal character! Anyway, that's why I haven't shared any pictures with you guys. If anyone out there has a happy and somewhat healthy grandmother that lights up when you visit her in a permanent care facility....hang out a while with her, watch The Golden Girls with her, ask her for stories...family history, etc. You never know....it might be your last Sunday afternoon visit with grandma watching her smile as she gobbles up a Wendy's Single w/cheese and a Frosty!!!!
Very sorry to hear about your grandmother. I know it's tough on everyone. Just keep your chin up and your priorities straight. Guns will be around.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I don't know if its a good thing but this is ONE TIGHT FITTING gun!! I took it down and cleaned the bore & chambers-(bore was dirty). I have over a half dozen SAA's including Ubertis, Rugers and 1st gen Colts. I almost didn't think I would EVER get the cylinder pin and cylinder back in this one!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I don't know if its a good thing but this is ONE TIGHT FITTING gun!! I took it down and cleaned the bore & chambers-(bore was dirty). I have over a half dozen SAA's including Ubertis, Rugers and 1st gen Colts. I almost didn't think I would EVER get the cylinder pin and cylinder back in this one!
Hey Sparebux.....ny new SAA serial number is about 150 units older than your dads. The cylinder pin is very tight too. Here is another SAA video Colt just posted on Instagram. The man is chemically bluing new Colt SAA barrels. Pretty cool.

http://instagr.am/p/CAfv72xgtGQ/

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
I too just bought a brand new 7 1/2" barrel SAA. 2020 production. I already had the shorter barrel lengths so this one just complimented the other two 3rd gens I had. Where did your dad find it? To be honest, I heard lots of horror stories about Colt's case hardening colors being sort of yellow and just how do we say "weird"? So, I ran into this brand new one at a gun store about 40 miles from my house. I liked the colors and the bluing just fine. I thought it was just as good as my other two SAA's. Maybe a little darker but not bad. I tried to resist but I eventually came back and bought the thing. It was keeping me up at night wanting it. Seems very well made and finished. Hope to see pictures of your dad's soon. Here is mine. Serial #S883XXA. I paid $1650 before tax.
I bought my Cavalry from Grabagun for $1665 + 8.5% tax + $8 shipping + $20 ffl fee.

Likely the last gun I buy from grabagun since they have started collecting sales tax on sales to my state. But, I wanted a 7.5 SAA bad enough to render unto Caesar his cut.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
My grandmother-(Pop's mom)...took a nasty fall Tuesday night at the local rest home. Shes 88. We haven't been able to go in and visit her there for a long while now because of the Chinese Virus. For several years she was spoiled with visitors daily and quite enjoyed them up until this S**T Storm started. Long & short of it: She's now in a coma at UNC/Wayne and won't likely come out of it so Dad is obviously a little out of his normal character! Anyway, that's why I haven't shared any pictures with you guys. If anyone out there has a happy and somewhat healthy grandmother that lights up when you visit her in a permanent care facility....hang out a while with her, watch The Golden Girls with her, ask her for stories...family history, etc. You never know....it might be your last Sunday afternoon visit with grandma watching her smile as she gobbles up a Wendy's Single w/cheese and a Frosty!!!!
That is sad news about your granny. My Nana made it to 98, I was lucky to get to hug her and tell her I loved her a couple of months before she passed.

My mother is 5 months from her 90th birthday and lives in a senior living facility. We can't go inside, but we can sit outside in a gazebo and visit. My mother, wife and I shared takeout shrimp dinners in the gazebo a month or so ago.

We also had a social distance compliant fish fry at my brothers place on the Saturday of mother's day.

Yes, cherish the times with your parents and grandparents.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Somehow I missed this part of the thread. Prayers out to your family Sparebux.

·
Premium Member
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
That is sad news about your granny. My Nana made it to 98, I was lucky to get to hug her and tell her I loved her a couple of months before she passed.

My mother is 5 months from her 90th birthday and lives in a senior living facility. We can't go inside, but we can sit outside in a gazebo and visit. My mother, wife and I shared takeout shrimp dinners in the gazebo a month or so ago.

We also had a social distance compliant fish fry at my brothers place on the Saturday of mother's day.

Yes, cherish the times with your parents and grandparents.
Thanks, The older I get..the more I learn to appreciate our elderly. We could all learn a TON from simply sitting around and chit chatting with the 80+ folks. They have "been there and done that"....rest ASSURED!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts