Colt Forum banner

New Python in 2.5”?

3K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  1stgen1916saa 
#1 ·
I see it happening. If same price I think it would be a hot seller. A few years ago I had a 6” matte stainless. Wanted a 2.5” barrel for it but couldn’t find one anywhere. Would’ve sent it to Colt for the change

#3 · (Edited)
At first thought, it will never happen due to Colt adding the extra 1/4" onto the 4" Barrell due to international restrictions. Then I thought, my new King Cobra is a .357 with a 3" Barrel, so why not just a US release. I'm all in, I'd love to see different variations on the 2020 Python.

#4 ·
Colt needs to satisfy the current market for 4.25" and 6" Pythons. Once that is done and production starts to slack then maybe new options and configurations can be considered to keep buyers drooling and opening their wallets for more.

Reactions: big_gus
#11 ·
I think if Colt made a special run of snubbies they would be spoken for before the trucks left the loading dock for distributors...instant collectibles whether a deserved title or not. That would at least give an idea of a potential market.

The same could be said for the new Cobra with a pre-1972 barrel profile without an ejector rod housing...a classic configuration. A special run would sell out immediately.

TALO...are you listening?

Reactions: Kerz
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.