Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my brand new Colt Python from my dealer Friday. I had it on layaway and my bonus came in.

I had already inspected it when I put it on layaway. No damage. No loose screws.

After hanging it on my gun wall, staring at it, dry firing it, staring some more.....I took it to the range today.

Flawless through 100 rounds so far. Half 38 half 357.

My 12 year old son loves it. I love it. What a trigger! This one has serial number 119x.

While at the range it drew a ton of attention. Guys asking about it. Jealousy. It stole the show!

Brought it home and inspected. Screws still nice and tight. Can’t wait to work some loads up for it and take it back out next weekend.

8IQLCFN.jpg

eHexRyj.jpg

So proud of my son. Gun handled 357 like a champ and he had a ball.

9yLs2Yg.jpg

·
Registered
344 Posts
Thanks for the update and pics. After owning several of the past generation and now having none, I'm very much pining for a new one. As soon as supply meets demand, I'll stop at the local gun shop and pic one up. Congrats on the new Python.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great looking, and so good to see that the Python is being made again. The reports of the quality seem to be improving, glad to hear it. Do you have any of the older generation Pythons to compare to?
Enjoy

·
Registered
25 Posts
SRST....did you have any troubles with cylinder release button? Mine was very tight. My FFL had trouble opening when I picked it up.
I cycled it about 100 times today and lubed with Balistol. Finally starting to work freely. Still seems to hang up a bit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice looking gun.

I was wondering why Colt decided to offer a 4.25" barrel length (as does S&W with the new Model 19) and whether it will fit in standard 4" holsters.

Any holster recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm so happy to see yhe Python return and looking good..I'll be on the hunt soon. BTW what is the MSRP ??

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I see that the latest American Rifleman features an article on the new Python. There are some shooting accuracy results of a new Python in 4" and 6" barrels vs. Pythons made in 1967 and 1968.

JOIN THE NRA, if not a member now! Lots of Great Articles, of both current and historical events/products. It is only $40/Year.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts