Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been really wanting a Python badly for about the last 3 months. Been studying GB and this website too obviously. Went to the CCA show in St. Louis and wasn't ready to buy, but ended up doing it anyway! These pictures don't do it justice. Has a very light turn line and there are a lot of smudges in these quick pictures, but I love it. This is really the first time I've cocked a Python and couldn't believe how smooth it was. Love it! Now, maybe a Diamondback!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
Congrats! The beauty of a Royal Blue Python is one of the great joys in owning handguns.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Yeah the action is remarkable isn't it! You are fortunate to live in a state where you can easily buy firearms of choice.
I hope you enjoy shooting it and don't just lock it up.
Align the cylinder each time you carefully close it and you can go through thousands of rounds with barely a turn line.
Have fun! Congratulations.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys; yes, I plan on shooting it and hope to this weekend. I recall the seller indicating the date was late 70s but haven't double checked it myself. Thanks MAM. Thanks also for the advice on the cylinder to avoid/minimize turn lines.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts