Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up this 4" Python. Well, actually, its in transit to my dealer, but I do have pics. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Question about the rear sight. Is this the Accro? This is my first Python, but hopefully not my last!

Thanks,
Fitz

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
First and foremost, WELCOME to the Coltforum! Keep posting here and you will learn a lot!

Nice piece you got there. Yes, that is an Accro sight.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Diamondback!

Yes, I think in the last two days I've read every post here containing the word "Python" and I also did extensive research online before and after the purchase. Two more days and it'll be in my hands. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Registered
991 Posts
Excellent! Welcome aboard.

That macro shot of the rear sight also gives a nice clear view of a cylinder that appears to have not been turned. Was this billed as unfired? It looks NIB. Are you going to shoot it?

Great looking gun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, of course that was my question. He sold it "As New" and specifically, when asked, stated that "it sure looks to me like it has never been fired". No drag Line is visible and he says its perfectly clean. It comes with the box (serial #s match), papers and tool.

Am I going to shoot it? The wife says..."shoot it...you only live once". I've been debating it. If it has NBF'd, I guess I could probably sell it immediately for a profit and turn around and pick up another. But then, I'm a shooter, not a collector, and I could get hit by a bus tomorrow. I have a brand new Python, why not shoot it sparingly and maintain it perfectly? In 5 years I'll still be able to get my money back if I want to.

See anything wrong with that thinking?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Your thinking is absolutely correct. If you want an investment, buy real estate or stocks. Guns are for shooting. I have a couple of "valuable" guns, and they get shot a couple times a year, thoroughly cleaned, and properly stored. They don't look any different than the day I bought them. If shooting them lowers their value, I'll gladly take the loss.

·
Registered
991 Posts
The age old debate. And the real answer is "Do your own thing and have lots of fun doing it".

Early Colts are definitely a great investment and will appreciate in value. When I buy a pistol I don't care if it's been fired, I just want it to look and act like it hasn't been fired.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts