Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone share with me your opinion on the new colt python ultimate. My gun is very accurate, gut the single action pull is about 5lbs. Called factory and the person was nice but did not even know what caliber the python was offered in. One problem that really upset me was that all the screws looked like the had been put in by Ray Charles with a screw driver that did not fit.
When I ask the customer service rep what the spec were for the Python he said double action was 4.5 lbs and single action pull should be around 2.5 lbs.

·
Registered
535 Posts
xoltwheelgun,
Sorry to read your story. Last new Python - last new anything I bought, was a '77 (?) Python. 6 rounds and the firing pin fell out ... Guess production procedures haven't changed much on the Python line. Didn't know 'till now, though, that Ray Charles did the work! WOW! "Georgia, ... Georgia ...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Did you buy the revolver new? The answer could lead to screw problem.
Double action pull weight should be around 10 to 12 lbs. Single action would be around 4 lbs. Cleaning may give you a little better pull weight.
Sounds odd that a factory rep wouldn't know caliber of the only revovler they are building today and misquoting specs.

BTW why did you accept the revolver with damaged screws?

[This message has been edited by Majic (edited 01-14-2004).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts