Colt Forum banner

new "retro" snubie

968 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  asa 
#1 ·
new \"retro\" snubie

Here is a gun for those with too much money on hand, and it is an answer to "Why doesn't someone make a gun like the Colt Detective Special?"

Link here:
http://www.usfirearms.com/cat/snubnose.asp

#3 ·
Re: new \"retro\" snubie

And it's a single action(?!), with a "special snub-nose ejectorless" frame style. I guess that means it has a loading gate, like any other single action. So they haven't succeeded in making a gun like the Detective Special, only marketing it as such. Notice that you can't find a picture of the other side of the gun.

#5 ·
Re: new \"retro\" snubie

Actually, they do show a picture of the right side of the gun, and the loading gate is quite visible. Other than that, I agree: that's got to be the strangest looking hybrid I've ever seen. Odd that a respected company like USFA whose Colt copies are admired by everyone who tries them would come up with something like this. And then to tie the advertising in with early police dep'ts. and assassination guns (neither of which saw single actions commonly used) is even more bizarre. And, yeah, nice price! Wonder how many of these will go flying off the shelves? -Asa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.