Colt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the lounge area is now reserved for all other gun related talk that does not fit into the existing sections. please keep threads on topic.

threads dealing with religion, race and politics tend to be heated topics so to keep everyone playing nice, these topics are no longer allowed.

thanks for your cooperation.

-cfadmin

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I agree. Leave the purely political discussions to the other forums. Yes, they get heated which is why you should never discuss politics when conducting business no matter how passionate or knowledgable you are.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Horay for the admin!! Nothing I can think of, brings out the screaming loons like religion and politics.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Why bring politics and religion to a gun forum?

Ever saw a priest carrying while serving mess?
I haven't.

And when politicians go for the guns, that means war, thank you very much!

That's why guns, politics and religion don't go well together.

Enough of this!

Let's talk Colts!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Ever saw a priest carrying while serving mess?
I haven't.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was in the Army, we had privates serving mess, not priests! hmmmm... maybe you meant Mass? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Forgive me for my English that stinks!

But you know what I ment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
the lounge area is now reserved for all other gun related talk that does not fit into the existing sections. please keep threads on topic.

threads dealing with religion, race and politics tend to be heated topics so to keep everyone playing nice, these topics are no longer allowed.

-cfadmin

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree but will keep my participation to gun talk.

I guess we can't discuss the Second Amendment or self-defense.

If so, the whole point of this forum is ridiculous.
/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif <font color="red"> </font>

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-cfadmin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry you're , mad ?

"The whole point of the forum" is the title . Colt Forum .

Colt Forum is a friendly place where friendly people talk about Colts ... Race , religion and politics lead to unfriendly exchanges . There are dozens of gun forums that permit such topics . Colt is our main topic of discussion with a little S&W & other misc talk included .

I see you've started a few CCW / 2 Amendment threads that are still open(I haven't closed them) . Members here are very pro-2nd Amendment , but most come here to talk Colts .

As ridiculous as it may seem , Colt is our main topic here /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
19 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-cfadmin

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry you're , mad ?

"The whole point of the forum" is the title . Colt Forum .

Colt Forum is a friendly place where friendly people talk about Colts ... Race , religion and politics lead to unfriendly exchanges . There are dozens of gun forums that permit such topics . Colt is our main topic of discussion with a little S&W & other misc talk included .

I see you've started a few CCW / 2 Amendment threads that are still open(I haven't closed them) . Members here are very pro-2nd Amendment , but most come here to talk Colts .

As ridiculous as it may seem , Colt is our main topic here /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for taking the time to address my expression of dissatisfaction with limitations on my right to freedom of expression.

I understand that this is a sort of space that is not exactly like a public sidewalk or park, where I can stand on a soapbox or milk crate and start giving speeches till I run out of energy.

On the other hand, I wish that some sort of filter were in place here, as it is in other forums.

On another forum, I recently used a mild form of denunciation to refer to a law.

The filter caught my post, delayed it, and saved it for an administrator, who then realized that it was not bad enough to censor.

The topic was Islam.

My post went through.

I wish there were something in place here that would at least facilitate our ability to discuss a wider range of things--but I understand your concerns.

Thank you for your time.

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
You're welcome . Thank you for understanding .

I think I speak for most when I say that this forum is for members that want to: relax and take a break , smoke a fine cigar , sip a smooth adult beverage in moderation ... while not handling their firearms and talk Colts /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
490 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
When trying to police posts dealing with religion or politics it can get very difficult.
It is best those topics left out of gun forums.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed..... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I think I speak for most when I say that this forum is for members that want to: relax and take a break , smoke a fine cigar , sip a smooth adult beverage in moderation ... while not handling their firearms and talk Colts /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mitch, just thought I'd let you know I am currently enjoying a bourbon and a Cohiba cigar while typing this. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Administrator
7,304 Posts
The man knows how to sit back and just ... relax /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
154 Posts
Just a thought. 'Colt' should be the centerpiece on a Colt forum and civility should be mandatory but there are only two (2) people browsing the Lounge as I type. Not exactly brisk traffic. Maybe discussion should be encouraged rather than limited, in a civil matter of course.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
There is modest activity in the Lounge because it is a Colt forum, not an air every other agenda forum. There is a forum for every agenda. The agenda here is Colts. Anyone who wants to debate another agenda should find the forum that encourages that and go there. Anyone who wants to talk Colts should come here. The only people to whom that should be unacceptable are the people who have another agenda they want to promote and propagate. They invoke their right to freedom of speech to deny our right to freedom from their agendas. Otherwise, every forum would be filled with the same rhetoric. It's like the people who come to Florida because it's Florida and then can't stand it until they change it to be like where they came from. Once you diverge, see how quickly civility goes? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am glad to see this should be about Colts and occasionally other guns. If folks want to talk religion or politics there are certainly other, better forums for those topics.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Being new here, I enjoy this forum being focused! One of the best forums that I read. I am here to learn about Colt firearms, chat with Colt folks, maybe buy and sell some Colt stuff, and not much else.

Thank you for working at keeping this the "Colt Forum"!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts