Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently shoot a long barrel new Frontier in 45lc-I'd like to get a shorter barreled gun in 357 for shooting 38s.What are your thoughts regarding the 4 3/4 or 5.5 length barrel? Thanks.

·
Registered
964 Posts
If you are going .357, I think you'll find the shorter lengths more pleasing. The smaller bore diameter makes the long barreled .357's a bit heavy for my taste, whereas I prefer the longer barrel in .44/.45.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I was leaning toward the 4 3/4 inch since the 357 bore is less.May I ask if buyers of SAAs find the poi fairly good?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have two Colt's single actions in .357. One is a SAA New Frontier, and the other is a SAA. Both guns are 5 1/2 inch 2nd Generation guns, and both guns are very accurate. The fixed sight gun shoots to point of aim when I use handloaded 160 grain Keith bullets with a healthy charge of 2400. Shooting with .38 wadcutters changes things...

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hello new SAA owner. I have two 1st generation Colts, one is an 1890 .41 SAA, and the other is a 1906 38 WCF Bisley. Funny how both shoot high and to the left. When I adjust properly, I can hit the bullseye. Unfortunately I've stopped shooting them because of their age, and especially when it cost me over a $1.00 a round for the .41. I love 'em and oil them just about weekly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts