Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I have a EOtech in my hand. I am looking it all over and liking what I see. I just sold my S&W 686 and I was ticked off that I could not find another firearm, so I switched gears. That Eotech was $499.99. Salesman said I think you should look at a new scope we just got in...Hmmmm OK I said, (totally derailed from the EOtech). Itac Defense 3x red/green and black sites in case the power runs out you have the black as a backup. Smart.

Then the salesmen tells me the magic words. It is made across the border in Newington, NH. My State! I buy it. $119.99 without the Maine tax.

I get home and open the box. Nice packaging. I am looking it over and take a peek at the mount. Made in China. I look all over the 2nd box, Made in China.
The box as a consumer that we see said nothing except the address of Itac.
I called Itac. Great customer service. CS said they were sorry I was misled.I-Tac Defense is a sub company from Sig Sauer. I Brought the scope back. Got my money back and now I go back to EOTech or maybe Aimpoint. I'll do more research.

It is important to me to buy Made in the USA.

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Was the salesman misinformed or being dishonest to make a sale? If the latter I think I'd report him to the ownership.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know of the saleman. I think the product was so new that he had no idea. I did report it any way, so at least they will know for the next customer. This is one of my top GS's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts