Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nice 1917 Colt that I would like to put different grips on for shooting purposes..like grips with checkering?? I hate smooth wood grips. Does anyone know if there is a business out there that might have something along these lines? Repros would be fine as long as they appear to be pre-war vintage.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
14,887 Posts
Gun Parts Corporation offer a modern "replica" of the old Colt pre-1930's hard rubber "Gutta-percha" grips.
These have the old style checkering pattern and the Colt logo on the top.

You can also watch Ebay for a pair of 1930's to 40's original checkered walnut models.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Not sure if Pachmeyer still makes them for the 1917/New Service frame, but I see them on the auction sites, occasionally, and at gun shows, and they are usually priced low, if you like the rubber grips. If you scrounge gun shows, for New Service/1917 wood grips, be sure to take it with you for a fit check. They are rare, but I have stumbled onto Colt Shooting Master grips, displayed as New service, but they are slightly different for the curved butt of the Shooting Master version of the New Service. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts