Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the serial number of my New Service is 57851 .from what I found its 1912. the photo of the group without gun is the lead 38 40 cowboy loads. 1st 5 out of it. the group with the gun in the photo is the old Remington jacketed rds they shot better and were more power than the cowboy loads. the old gun is a nice shooter. the photo of the groups alone is side ways they shot a little low not to the right. both are 5 shot groups I only fired 10 shot from it today.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Nice shootin' and nice New Service. Sounds like fun.

·
Premium Member
6,102 Posts
Looks like the windage is spot on. At 25 yards, a 10-12” metal plate is so easy, that is why we generally start at 50 yards to find some challenge. We favor swinging metal plates as the bullet generally reflects down, we don’t have to reset and it gives such a satisfying “ting” when hit. The tall front sight gives you elevation options. My limited experience with the pre-1924 colt fine sights is the guns appeared to be sighted point of aim rather than 6 o’clock hold. You can vary the bullet weight, charge weight and distance to find its zero. We favor bright orange metal targets and blacken the front sights with a match or sight black.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts