Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt Cylinder.jpg Colt New Service 455 Eley.jpg Colt Quarter Space.jpg
Learning about guns. I inherited this Colt New Service 455 Eley, Serial Number 121364, from my Father in-law. Doing a little google research it was probably manufactured between 1916 -1917, but more likely 1917. I am having difficult in determining the ammo that I can use. It is in great good shape. My son remembers his Grandfather using half-moon clips, but I simply can not remember. I have attached photos, but in doing my research someone suggested that if one could insert the width of a quarter that it may have been modified to use half moon clips. So .... any help on what kind of ammo I can safely use? Do I need Half Moon Clips? Will it shoot Fiocchi 455 262 grain without clips?

Appreciate any insight!

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. You may want to post this in the revolver section of the site to get more exposure for your query.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Nice looking weapon, Allen! Hardly a revolver expert here, but I couldn't help but comment. Seems your Dad faithfully cared for this Colt for many years. You must be very proud. I would be!

Ed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts