Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shooting Master with original box,.38 Spec.

Original target and pamphlet for above

Top:.357 mag S/M. Middle:.38 S/M with factory lanyard. Bottom: After-market circa 1930-1940 Roper target sights.

Model 1917, .45ACP and original belt and holster

6" .38 Spec. with target, tag, pamphlet

Another 6" .38 Spec. with paperwork, both have boxes

Top:6".38 Spec. Bottom: 5 1/2" .45ACP sold to Sing Sing Prison 1931, barrel marked .45 Colt, cylinder is .45ACP as per letter.

5 1/2" commercial Colt 45 with box

5 1/2" commercial 44-40 with box

7 1/2" .45 with special order grips, 7 1/2" 44 Russian/S&W

7 1/2" 44-40, 7 1/2" .38WCF

Group photo

Assorted boxes

My first New Service purchase was in 1961, the 44-40 new in box for $57.50, the rest were obtained in the 1970's and 80's for reasonable prices, much less than todays values...

·
Registered
91 Posts
That is a super collection tommix. I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with the revolvers or the boxes. You have a couple of boxes that I have never seen. Bob

·
Registered
600 Posts
Wow. I guess that we now know where all the nice New Services have gone to. Tommix has them all! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

An outstanding collection. Thanks for the post.

Charlie Flick

·
Registered
345 Posts
Maybe one of the best DA Colt revolver collections I've seen on any internet site.One would have to go to the Wanamacher show in Tulsa to see this amount of fine stuff in one single persons collection.Keep on posting pics.I'll bet you got some nice stuff in other kinds of Colts.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Yep. Awesome. Can you shoot a close-up picture of the "King" sights? The front sight is actually a Roper and I suspect the rear sight is as well. Also, I maintain a research database on Shooting Masters and would like to have more detailed information about yours if possible. Please email me offline if you are willing to share some more data.
Thanks,
Kevin Williams

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very impressive! No wonder I can't find any really nice classic Colts. You've got all of them! Great job. I'm sure it's taken a lot of time, effort and other important resources to put this collection together. I have a long way to go to catch up...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To Kevin Williams: Sent you an Email last night, will be photographing some more guns soon and will also post, or Email a close-up of the Roper sights, send your Email address to me...
tommix (Bill West)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Sorry, I thought it was in my profile. Please send the info/pics to [email protected] Remove the NOSPAM, of course.

Thanks,
Kevin

[ QUOTE ]
To Kevin Williams: Sent you an Email last night, will be photographing some more guns soon and will also post, or Email a close-up of the Roper sights, send your Email address to me...
tommix (Bill West)

[/ QUOTE ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts