Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me a little more about these stocks? I have them on a 1917 British New Service. Picture included. I was able to find a picture of Fitz from the 1930's with what appears to be the same stocks on two new services in a
belt rig. Are these Colt factory options or were they provided by a well known stock maker of the time? Thank you.
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Looks like English Brown Oak.

I doubt they were a Commercial offering...but, instead, I would think them to be something made by an individual or small Shop as a 'one-off' sort of thing.

Nice old Stocks!

Are there any marks in side?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point. There is a bit more flair on mine. Also cant really tell but Fitz's may have a medallion near the frame? I have never seen any guns with this grip before. Wondering if this was a known style popular in the 30's or before? Has anyone else come across these previously?

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
16,466 Posts
I've never seen grips like the first picture.

Given that the grips don't appear to be American Walnut, and in fact look like some sort of foreign hardwood, I'm betting these are something made by an owner in England.
He probably had problems with the Colt grip shifting in his hand and rolling up the back strap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.