Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I picked up a 1920 New Service in .45 Colt with the crane lock reinstalled incorrectly. This made the cylinder very hard to open and close. I reinstalled the crane lock properly, and then the cylinder would not open! I was initially very perplexed, as I had never heard of this nor read about in the Kuhnhausen manual in "troubleshooting". The latch to open the cylinder would hardly move. Then I got lucky and the cylinder opened. I took the cylinder off, removed the side plate, and this is what I found! The positive lock had become disengaged from the trigger, and was blocking the cylinder release bolt. It's an interesting scenario, one I haven't heard of or seen before. The sideplate screws, unlike the crane lock, were pristine, and the rebound lever pin showed no signs of being removed, so I doubt the internals have been tampered with. An interesting situation.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I understand the fee choice words part! I guess you learn something every day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.